Thursday, July 23, 2009

This made me happy



The sheer joy in this moment brought me to tears when I watched this this afternoon. It's funny, I can almost hear my mom saying, "that's innapropriate for a church wedding!" But really, doesn't God delight in our love and our unions? Doesn't God want us to celebrate it with unbridled passion? Plus, it's not like they chose something with crass lyrics or danced lasciviously. But enough of me arguing with my mom in my head. This made my day because it's a group of people who embraced not just the joy of the occasion whole-heartedly, but the theatrics. Wedding ceremonies are spectacles in just about every society. If you're gonna do it, go balls to the wall. Good for them! And maybe I liked it most of all because it was, as the blog I discovered it on championed it, unexpected. Love it or hate it: no attendee will ever forget that wedding.

6 comments:

secret agent woman said...

Beleive it or not, this made me cry. It's so purely joyful, as a wedding should be. Beautiful.

Molly Malone said...

i totally believe it, Secret Agent Woman. it made me cry, too! even the second time i watched it! agreed: totally joyful.

mommanator said...

It was a hoot! I agree weddings are a joyful time, and should be celebrated as such!

margaret said...

This is like the Wedding Youtube video seen 'round the world LOL. It is pretty funny :)

Virginia Gal said...

I saw this on Good Morning America and thought it was great as well!!

Merci said...

It is great! Though I'd have a cow if I agreed to be in the wedding party and then found out I'd have to be part of a dance routine!