Thursday, November 24, 2005

Now that Nick and Jessica have split, what have I to be thankful for, today?

As I wait for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade to begin, I found this piece of sad news on CNN.
But I'm not sure what breaks my heart more, that a vapid pop star is now back on the market, leaving Nicky to fend for himself among vapid teenagers eager to define their life's crowning moment by the time they slept with him, or that she thought she should give advice on throwing the perfect wedding. Excuse me: achieving the perfect wedding. I guess if you place all your achievement effort into the perfect wedding, there's little left for the actual marriage.

In any event, here's what I feel grateful for this morning:

1. i have love
2. my dog's snoring
3. i don't have bird flu
4. the snow didn't stick
5. i'm not cooking, today
6. i have a roof over my head
7. i have a job
8. i have an education
9. i have goals - if no clear path to them
10. i have my good friend, TiVo
11. i have an imaginary reader in Shropshire which gets me off my duff to write, if not daily, then at least every few days.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: