Thursday, April 19, 2007

Joy and Beauty, still

It's been a long time since i've copied Clare's wonderful daily ritual of citing three things from the day that made me see beauty. The last few months have been one of the most stressful times of my life (top 3, I'd say) and my ruminations today over the Virginia Tech tragedy have left me feeling sorrowful and angry. So, I believe I am well past due time to reflect on the little blessings of the day that essentially sustain me.

1. Reconnecting with an old college friend on a networking site. And learning that she is flourishing in her new life, and that she has kept a fond place in her heart for me. (And I for her.)

2. Talking to Dad. Always a pleasure, but I seriously cherish that I can still call to him and vent about the world the way I did when I was growing up. Essentially, I love that that part of our relationship has not changed. I have a mentor who will let me weep and weep with me, and help me make sense of life.

3. That after a week of illness and yuckiness, Honey seems to finally be on the mend. It breaks my heart when he's sick.

4. I was given a project at work this afternoon that would probably account for 30%-50% of the final product. I managed to finish the first "draft" of this product in about an hour. The superior who handed the project to me liked my work and only had a few changes to suggest. Overall he was impressed. This makes me feel very good.

No comments: