Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fall sneaking up on us


"I'm in the habit of being alone/ I try hard to break it/ But I can't on my own ... but man, I wish I had a hand to hold ..."

Honey is listening to Edie Brickell on his computer. I forgot about this song. I forget how great she is. She's good for this weather-turning season.

October is one of my favorite months here. September & October and April - July. April through July are my favorite months everywhere, but particularly here. But October is particularly great because of the foliage. That actually is my beautiful thing for the day. It's enough to carry me.

1. the first leaves of autumn being kicked up in little flurries by the wind and passing cars. I can't wait for the oranges to get deeper and bright, bright reds! I might alter my drive in just so I can get a better look at the leaves! They're like slow fireworks.

In the meantime, I remembered that JoeInVegas said on October 2, that one of the things he liked about the day was that it was cloudy, a rarity in Vegas. Then, last night, I was cruising YouTube and checked out a user I hadn't visited in a few weeks, LazyDork, and if you'll see when he arrives in Vegas at the end of the video, it's cloudy. Did he arrive on October 2nd?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely photo and a great blog. I have really enjoyed reading it and looking forward to more entries.

Sonnjea said...

wow, awesome colors! Here everything is still green...